Priest for Health Mr Gan Kim Yong participated in the 73 rd World Health Assembly (WHA), hung on 18 May 2020.
2. This is the very first time the yearly WHA was held basically. It tackled a concise schedule prepared by the Exec Board to cover just vital issues of the World Health Company (THAT), in order to concentrate on the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic feedback.
3. The participants made up Health Ministers of the THAT Participant States, the THAT Director-General, Regional-Directors of the 6 THAT Regions, as well as elderly authorities from the THAT.
4. Mr Gan shared that Singapore’& rsquo; s breaker steps have actually provided appealing outcomes, with less brand-new situations in the neighborhood. The scenario in our migrant employee dorms has actually likewise secured. As Participant States make strategies to progressively return to normality, Mr Gan highlighted the significance of embracing a careful strategy in the direction of raising public health steps in a risk-free fashion.
5. Mr Gan highlighted the demand for unity as well as teamwork among the worldwide neighborhood in the battle versus COVID-19 Mr Gan revealed admiration to the THAT for their management as well as know-how in the worldwide feedback, as well as stressed the significance of connection in attending to health concerns under the Sustainable Growth Goals, also as Participant States attend to the instant difficulties of the pandemic.
6. The records of Mr Gan’& rsquo; s comments is enclosed.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
18 MAY 2020